Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Small Triumphs

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I just witnessed a great event. Natalie is using her sippy cup. I know, stop traffic. I have been wringing my hands ever since she turned 1 because I knew it was time to ditch the bottle altogether. This wouldn't have caused such stress if it weren't for one little problem. Natalie DID NOT like to use her sippy cup. Well, I shouldn't say she didn't like to use it. She liked to use it to smash leftover food on her tray or chuck it at the dog who likes to wait for a small morsel of food at every meal. Not to mention the cool sound it makes when she hit it against the nearest surface.

Right now I'm watching her take repeated sips of water and I keep thinking it's a trick. Where's Ashton? Am I being punked? I have been trying for months to get her to drink out of that stupid cup. Every meal I have set it before her with the hope that she would suddenly start using it. And every time, I would dump its contents out completely and grumble to myself. Not today my friends. My girl can use a sippy cup.

1 comment:

DeLaina said...

That is HUGE!!! Yay Natalie! Next step, potty training lol.