Thursday, February 19, 2009

Come On!

My kids are all conspiring against me and my husband.  Just like my friend Delaina had an appliance/tooth conspiracy theory, I have one too.  

Brook was behind on getting her assignments in.  Behind is actually an understatement.  She was missing about 30 assignments between all of her subjects.  I flew off the handle about the teacher and Brook being irresponsible and she got the homework 24/7 smack down for a couple of weeks as she made them up.  She still has a couple to complete because her teacher is trying to track them down for her...supposedly.  So today, I decided to check her grades again to make sure it was all getting cleared up properly and what did I discover?  My sweet daughter was missing some new assignments.  WHAT?  Are you kidding me???  So, I hoped and prayed that my sweet daughter would bring home her books and was planning to do her missing assignments that had not been completed in class.  Nope.  She did bring home a coloring page that had been missing from Social Studies though.  A real mind bender!  

So, I angrily lectured her as I drove down the hill to get all of the necessary books.  Not to mention there were several extra credit opportunities that my daughter had not taken advantage of that I asked her to pick up on the way out the door.  Some people are a little slow on the uptake.

Ryan and Brook also decided to ignore their alarms this morning and slept in.  Ryan ignores his alarm every morning.  His dad has to wake him up every morning.  This morning he ignored his alarm and his father.  Not happy.  Brook ignored not only her alarm, but also me pounding and yelling on/at the locked door.  I went up to get the key thinking something horrible had happened and by the time I got back the light was on and there was movement.  Needless to say, I was livid.  We have had this conversation more times then I care to remember.  We do not lock our doors at night.  There could be a fire.  I'm not going to have time to get a key to open your door if there is a fire.  We will be taking that locking door knob off of her door.  Not worth her safety.

I don't know how, but I am the neighborhood taxi cab.  I must have "sucker" on my forehead or something.  When I pick up Brook and Ryan an entourage of kids whose parents don't give a damn as to who is going to pick them up comes to my car.  I can only seat 8 people.  I somehow am supposed to take 10 people home everyday.  There is only one child whose mother has asked me to pick up her child and we are friends and help each other out.  Otherwise, I have committed to no one else.  No other parents have called me and asked me to pick up their kid and yet there are up to 5 additional children that want a ride from me each day.  Where are these children's parents?  If they can't be there to give their children a ride home, why have they not made other arrangements?  I could see this happening every once in a while, but just about every day?Brook gets mad at me for getting upset at these kids and not letting all 10 of them jam into my car.  I finally had had enough today.  I told them all that I can only take 8 people in my car and I am not taking anyone else.  It is not my responsibility.  I also told them that I am tired of waiting for the debate that surely ensues each day as to who is going to get a ride.  Thus blocking traffic.  The whole neighborhood loves that maneuver.

Ryan then takes an hour to clean up his room and put away his clothes.  Playing with Natalie and his green monkey that makes an annoying noise was more of his priority.  Again, not a good way to improve my mood.

Natalie then decides to throw a huge tantrum right as I'm leaving to get my babysitting kids. Didn't need that fun either.  Luckily, she was fine the rest of the evening.

Because the kids wreaked havoc on our morning routine, we took away all of their electronics for the day.  That brought on a myriad of complaints from Ryan all day.  "There is nothing to do" was said more than I care to remember.  Of course, no personal responsibility was taken by either for the situation they put themselves in.

I'm ready for today to be over.  Hopefully, the kids will get their shiznit together tomorrow. Otherwise, I may really lose it!


3 comments:

Natalie said...

they didn't even try to get in my car today....brook must have warned them :)

ErinB said...

Good. I'm tired of the carpool drama! I'm glad you didn't have to deal with it.

DeLaina said...

My mom used to swear the six of us kids would secretly plot against her at night and all conspire to drive her crazy the next day. Of course that wasn't true! We did it in broad daylight! Hang in there!